Temerity Baseball, a family-led enterprise, owns and operates the Greensboro Grasshoppers and the Kannapolis Cannon Ballers Class A Minor League Baseball teams in North Carolina. Both teams are centerpieces of their respective communities and anchor current/future real estate development projects.
Temerity Baseball is looking for an experienced Director of Marketing to spearhead new marketing initiatives across both teams, with dual objectives of long-term revenue growth and more effective community engagement. The Director will develop strategy and oversee implementation of multichannel (traditional and digital) marketing campaigns, while simultaneously rolling up their sleeves as an individual contributor to work with wider staff at both teams in a variety of ways.
As the head of the marketing team, this position will oversee three direct reports: our teams’ two social media associates, as well as one digital strategist, who the Director will play a key role in hiring as one of their first responsibilities. The marketing team will also be able to leverage creative talent at each team (a graphic designer and a video production professional).
Reporting to the President, Temerity Baseball, as well as both team’s General Managers, the Director of Marketing will partner closely with Temerity Baseball’s Chief Revenue Officer with deep experience in Minor League Baseball, who can help the Director learn the industry, business model and markets. The Director will be based in either Greensboro or Kannapolis, North Carolina (preferred) or within close proximity (e.g. Charlotte) and will be expected to travel to work in-person with both teams.
- Work directly with Temerity Baseball to establish and identify strategic marketing goals aligned with sales and engagement goals
- Create, plan and execute marketing and multichannel campaign strategies, incl. development and management of content
- Incorporate organic social and paid media strategies
- Present creative marketing campaigns and performance metrics, as well as regular updates and performance analysis reports to both teams and Temerity Baseball
- Manage all ongoing marketing initiatives (e.g. email/social media/digital campaigns, mailers, etc.)
- Serve as day-to-day contact for marketing needs and support marketing requests from both teams and Temerity Baseball
- Write press releases, edit copy, manage and coordinate earned media, cultivate key relationships
- Lead market research to uncover the viability of current and existing products/services
- Manage content calendar, deadlines and needs
- Develop and adhere to annual marketing budget
- Lead and inspire the marketing team to execute the strategy
- 5+ years of previous successful marketing strategy experience including campaign building, audience assessment, social media engagement, paid media management, performance analysis, presenting and pitching
- Experience working with CRM (knowledge of HubSpot preferred) and being comfortable with everything from data analysis to data input
- Ability to travel between Kannapolis and Greensboro, N.C., on a regular basis
- Excellent writing skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Expert-level knowledge of social media best practices and engagement strategies, digital communication tools, and content management systems
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies, and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Budget-management skills and proficiency
- Superb planning and project management skills
- Excellent leadership skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous vacation time
- 401(k) Plan
- Life Insurance/Short & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Becoming part of a fun and passionate team that wants to have a positive impact on the communities served