Video Production Manager with Columbia Fireflies in Columbia · SC
This position starts ASAP.
Overall: Oversee and create all video content for the stadium video board, MiLB.TV broadcast (HD), on demand, online, social media, advertising, and manage all video responsibilities for games and special events.
- Be an active member of Marketing meetings.
- Redevelop graphics for the next season, to update the video appearance.
- Plan ways to better the fan experience for the broadcast and the in-stadium presentation.
- Produce videos as requested Director of Marketing for advertising, promotions and social media content purposes including the capturing, editing and production of video content for theme / promotional nights.
- Work with team Department Heads to capture, edit and produce video content for specific needs of the respective departments.
- Work closely with the Broadcast / Media Relations Manager to generate baseball-related video and promotional content, both in and out of season.
- Organize any audio and video needs for special events.
- Produce high quality content for the main stadium video board and the two LED suite level ribbon boards.
- Manage video production crew.
- Work closely with audio operator, Public Address announcer, marketing team and video production crew to execute all the game entertainment: pre-game, post-game, between innings as well as during game action.
- Operate video board and ribbon boards during games.
- Record, save and archive each game.
- Make sure all equipment is returned, turned off and locked properly.
- Produce content, including features, promotional content and post-game highlights to post online (MiLB & Fireflies web sites).
- Organize and lead video crew to execute the television Broadcast.
- Answer any questions and help them with any problems that may occur during the game with the broadcast.
- Lead a meeting with the crew to wrap up the day, review performance, talk about improvements needed, and informing them of what’s coming up.
- Ensure that all production equipment is stored / locked properly, well-maintained and in good working order daily.
- Hire and train staff to operate all the equipment that is used for the MiLB.TV and in-house broadcast.
- Hire and train an intern to assist with all duties for pre- and in-season.
- Manage at least 10-15 crew members to fill 10 positions to adequately broadcast games.
- Work with game commentator(s).
- Schedule the video production employees for game days and special events.
- Keep a record of all of the video crew members’ hours to submit for payroll.
- Be present for any special event that requires audio and/or video use.
- Work closely with Director of Special Events in order to better the client’s experience at Segra Park.
- Take content provided by the client and make it compatible with the on-site equipment in order to be presented over the suite level televisions, video board and / or audio system.
- Determine use of cameras.
- Work High School / College baseball games as required. Provide the teams with a video board score graphic, play music and staff a scoreboard operator.
- Set up and tear down all equipment needed for an event. Make sure all equipment is returned, turned off and locked properly.
- Know how the video board and LED boards operate.
- Fix any problems with the Video board, LED boards, and any other equipment.
- Work with Daktronics for bigger/more serious problems.
- Daktronics Content and Display Studios
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Photoshop
- Ross XPression
- Video Switcher (Ross Carbonite)
- Audio Mixer Board (Soundcraft)
- Ikegami and Panasonic Cameras
- Other Studio Equipment:
- Blue Screen
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have experience with the equipment listed in this job description? Please explain.
Please give us a brief history of your employment as it pertains to this position.
Please provide a link to your portfolio.