Food and Beverage: Premium Hospitality/ Luxury Suites Intern with Columbia Fireflies in Columbia · SC
- Direct supervisor and scheduler for 20 employees
- Assist in managing 16 Luxury Suites, Club Level seats and party deck
- Maintain strong client relationships and ensure that event specifications are communicated and executed for a successful experience for the suite holders and attendees
- Supervise suite attendants and serve as a liaison between catering kitchen staff and suite attendants
- Receive pre-orders from guests both online and over the phone
- Create detailed notes to be distributed to kitchen staff and suite attendants
- Assist Vice President in creating Invoices for suite pre-orders
- Responsible for helping to oversee that each Suite is set up and clean before gates open each night
- Will work directly with the clients and deal with specific food requests
- Monitor incoming orders for the Suites, Bar, and Club Level Servers
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot and train other employees on Point of Sale systems
- Communicate effectively with guests, all levels of management and co-workers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to act as a server for the suites and club seats if needed
- Assist with set-up and execution of hospitality for non-game day events at Segra Park
- Ensure all workstations, storerooms, bar, host stand, decks and dining areas remain clean, sanitized, safe and sufficiently stocked
- Verify all paperwork is complete and turned in at conclusion of shift/event
- Assist with daily office operation
- Assist in mascot appearances throughout the Midlands
- Required to participate in stadium pre-season preparation/cleanup which may include weekends.
- Assist in stadium pre-game preparation (i.e. plaza set-up, box office ticket printing and preparation, souvenir store inventory and preparation, concessions preparation, etc.)
- Assist in putting the tarp on the field and taking it off (this will happen during the day, at night or early morning depending on the situation).
- Please Note: It is not required but encouraged for interested individuals to live within commuting distance or have housing in the Columbia area beginning in January. Please be sure when applying to attach cover letter, resume, two references, and answers to the questions below to be considered for an interview.
*Housing is not provided*
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to work in team setting or individually (both will occur)
- Good Organizational Skills
- Good Time Management Skills
How did you hear about this job?
Are you willing and able to work long hours including nights and holidays?
Are you willing and able to relocate to Columbia at your own expense, if necessary?
What qualifications and experience make you the ideal candidate for this internship?
Are you able to start full time in January of 2020?