In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Job Title: Affiliate Hitting Coach
Department: Player Development
Reports to: Minor League Hitting Coordinator
Primary Objective: Responsible for creating daily practice design schedules, carrying out player plan meetings, and driving the organizational initiatives and philosophies at the assigned affiliate.
- Manage the daily activity for all hitters assigned to the affiliate roster, including practice design, player plan meetings, and daily advance scouting meetings.
- Suggest mechanical and tactical changes to the Hitting Coordinator based on information and observations that are made throughout the season.
- Provide consistent and accurate updates on players within the Mariners database.
- Communicate consistently with affiliate trainers and strength staff regarding player health, body movement and availability.
- Participate in community relations efforts in collaboration with the affiliate front office.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, playing and/or coaching experience will be considered in lieu of formal education requirements if approved by management.
- Basic speaking proficiency preferred.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Develop expert level of knowledge of the Rake Reports and 16 for 16 initiatives, relevant technologies and Mariners’ portals.
- Develop an intellectual curiosity in researching new technologies and coaching tools.
- Shares and expresses thoughts in a clear and effective manner through verbal and written communication skills. Exhibits effective listening skills and builds positive relationships with all team members, vendors, and guests. Is diplomatic, tactful and professional in all forms of communication.
- Understands and supports the team and is quick to volunteer to assist others. Others view most interactions as being positive with a willingness to achieve common goals. Effective in working with others to cooperatively solve problems. Workplace behavior is consistently respectful of others.
- Takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization.
- Demonstrates through their actions and interactions with others a commitment to Mariner Purpose, Mission and Values.
- Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Completes work assignments thoroughly and completely in an accurate, and prompt way. Identifies and corrects errors. Is careful, alert and accurate, paying attention to details of the job.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions:
- Required to live in assigned affiliate city during the season.
- Travel on road trips with assigned affiliate required.
- Affiliate games and practices may include working nights and weekends.
- Attend and assist with pre and/or postseason camps as assigned by the Director of Player Development as required