• Check and stock supplies in the workstation neatly, accurately and in a timely manner.
• Inform supervisor in a timely manner when food quantities are low.
• Cook all food to proper temperatures and quality expectations.
• Display food under appropriate hot or cold conditions as per standards.
• Maintain appropriate portion control and merchandising standards.
• Keep counter and floor in work area clean and free of debris.
• Comply with department and company policies and procedures.
• Comply with sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen and/or dining areas.
• Ensure your workstation is prepared and ready to prepare food at all times.
• Comply with applicable health and safety regulations and procedures.
• Stock and prepare product for the following day’s event.
• Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
• Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instructions
• Must work well in a team environment
• Ability to work independently and in a high stress, fast paced environment
• Ability to follow oral and written direction
• Must be able to communicate to all guests as well as co-workers in a professional manner.
• Familiarity with, and experience using common kitchen equipment such as; flat top grill, char broiler, fryers, steamer, convection oven, etc.
• Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Deep understanding of HACCP and health codes required.
Education and Experience:
• Proven experience as a prep cook.
• Training from a culinary school is a plus.
• A valid California Food Handler Certificate must be presented within 30 days from the date of hire.
• Must be able to exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to four (4) hours in length and have the ability to lift up to 40 pounds frequently.
• Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions.
The Sacramento River Cats are an equal opportunity employer. The Sacramento River Cats does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you have a reliable method of getting to work?
Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
Have you previously worked for the Sacramento River Cats Baseball Club, LLC/Sutter Health Park (formerly known as Raley Field)?
Are you over the age of 18 years ? (If no, you may be required to provide authorization to work.)
Are you available to work evenings, weekends and holidays?