The Senior Accountant will be responsible for daily financial transactions, month end accounting, financial reporting, balance sheet reconciliations, and annual budget preparation. In addition, the individual will provide ad hoc support to management and collaborate with financial planning and analysis, as well as assist with data requests related to the annual financial audit, tax return preparation, and other routine requests within required timeframes. This position will report the Director of Finance. It is a full-time remote-friendly position with up to 10% travel required.
· Prepare monthly journal entries, including overseeing revenue recognition
· Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and roll forwards for balance sheet accounts
· Complete General Ledger account reconciliations including preparation of monthly workpaper support
· Record daily Cash Receipts (cash and checks)
· Perform accounts payable and accounts receivable related duties
· Perform contract invoicing and review status of the same
· Handle month-end close of General Ledger which includes adjusting entries at month-end (using GAAP and accrual accounting methodology). Also responsible for providing Director of Finance a month-end package which includes a review/analysis of both Income Statements to Budget, and Balance Sheet.
· Prepare and provide financial and analytical information as required (i.e. monthly fluctuation analysis)
· Prepare routine PBC deliverables, administration, and financial statement support for routine audits and tax returns
· Assist in preparing and maintaining an accounting policy and procedures manual
· Identify opportunities to improve internal controls
· Assist with other finance related matters as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and a minimum of 5 years of accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software package
- Advanced analytical skills within Excel required
· Highly organized and flexible
· Strong quantitative abilities and attention to detail
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication skills with ability to adapt messages to various audiences
· Strong relationship building skills
· Self-starter that can receive direction and run with projects
· Professional qualification such as CPA, preferred
· Experience with Sage Intacct, Bill.com and Concur
· Experience with ADP Workforce Now
Total Compensation: Includes health, life and disability benefits, PTO, 401k Match, ability to work a flexible primarily remote schedule, and work in a fun sports environment.
Timing: We are looking to fill this position as soon as we find the right candidate!