The Payroll Manager will oversee the payroll and onboarding functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. The successful candidate for this role will be well versed in payroll processing procedures and tax implementation for multiple jurisdictions. This position will have a hands-on role in processing payroll for several multi-state entities. This is a remote/hybrid position located in proximity of our Myrtle Beach, SC location.
· Manage timely and accurate processing of multi-state and multi-entity payroll, including commission and bonus payments.
· Ensure accurate processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
· Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage and hours laws and best practices.
· Process wage garnishments and submit payment to the institution in a timely manner.
· Assist employees in obtaining payroll information as needed.
· Review of weekly and bi-weekly payroll reports.
· Register for state and local tax codes as needed.
· Complete payroll tax filings and adjustments in a timely manner.
· Complete high volume payroll processing and assignments in a fast-paced environment.
· Manage ADP payroll and onboarding.
· Assist with recruiting functionality as needed.
· Process and enter all HRIS employee related information.
· Administer background checks.
· Perform scheduled activities and reports.
· Process a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools.
· Maintain data integrity in systems by running reports and analyzing data
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field.
· 5 -7 years of payroll processing experience.
· Expert proficiency in payroll processing software, specifically ADP Workforce Now.
· Expert level experience with state and local tax withholding in multiple states.
· High level of discretion and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential salary information.
· Attention to detail in composing and proofing materials.
· Able to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
· Superior communication skills and ability to speak with employees at all levels of the organization.
· Excellent spelling and grammar.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Working knowledge of benefits and labor law language.