The Springfield Lucky Horseshoes, a summer collegiate baseball team located in Springfield, Illinois, are coming off its first season in the Prospect League and are looking for highly motivated individuals to join the Rookie Class for the 2023 Prospect League Season
You’ll have the opportunity to play an integral role in the offseason operations as well as assist in the preparations for the Lucky Horseshoes 2023 Prospect League Promotional Schedule and events.
The Report Date for our Rookie Class is on January 2nd, 2023, however that date is flexible depending on the applicant’s school schedule.
Here are some of the aspects and areas you’ll be working in during your time with the Springfield Lucky Horseshoes.
- Assist the Director of Operations in maintaining the status of the ballpark and keeping all areas in viable condition.
- Locate and hire potential gameday employees for off-season auxiliary events and the 2023 Prospect League Season.
- Assist in inventory controls and purchasing supplies for stadium
- Assist in pre-event set up and post-event takedown
- Create blueprint operations map for stadium and develop numerous different ways to set up the ballpark for game days
- Assist sales staff in fulfillment of ticket orders
- Conduct prospecting research and data gathering to help grow season ticket memberships and group outing for 2023 Prospect League season
- Create and Organize list of potential future season ticket and group ticket purchasers
- Assist in development of ticket packages and promotional events for 2023 Prospect League Season.
- Act as a customer service representative in all ticketing areas for offseason events and 2023 Prospect League Season
- Act as customer service liaison for all ticket questions and requests for offseason events and 2023 Prospect League Season
- Plan and assist with 2023 Prospect League tickets going on sale
- Assist with tracking analysis and reporting
- Process all walk-up ticket sales
- Cold-calling potential group and season ticket buyers
- Assist customers in purchasing tickets over the phone and in-person
- Identify potential Corporate Partners for the 2023 season
- Assist in the execution of all corporate partner contracts and ensure fulfillment
- Cold-calling potential businesses and organizations to partner with the ‘Shoes
- Develop potential sellable inventory and create new sellable pieces within the ballpark and on digital space
- Maintain all records for sponsor activities, tasks, accomplishments, and proof of performance
- Assist with assembling client presentations and fulfillment
- Writing and reviewing gameday reads and sponsorship activations with Emperor of Engagement to ensure accurate implementation of all promotions, sales, and corporate partnership commitments.
- Work closely with sponsors in order to collect necessary contractual documents and promotional items.
- Track sponsor display, signage, ads, programs, credentials, and tickets
Promotions & Marketing
· Develop plan and perks for Silver ‘Shoes and Pony ‘Shoes clubs
· Develop weekly E-newsletters to promote all ‘Shoes happenings and events
· Develop social media plan and create content for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Tik Tok pages
· Create content and articles for Shoesbaseball.com
· Analyze the effectiveness of online campaigns by collecting data and producing reports
· Assist with the planning and coordination of 2023 Prospect League promotional dates, schedules, and giveaways
· Outreach to local businesses and community in developing and executing theme nights
· Develop and plan in-game entertainment aspects and schedule for 2023 Prospect League Games
· Positive Attitude
· Ability to work in a team setting and individually
· Good organizational skills
· Good time management skills
· Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
· Ability to multi-task and follow instructions from multiple supervisors
· Night and weekend work required, including working special events
This is an unpaid internship. Applicants should pursue college credit from their college or university.
The Springfield Lucky Horseshoes are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.