The Quincy Gems are a founding member of the Prospect League, a collegiate summer league baseball team located in Quincy, IL. The Gems will play their 26th season at historic QU Stadium in 2022. We are looking for the next industry superstars to join us for the Summer 2022 season.
What to expect:
- High-quality training and supervision from an energized and experienced full-time staff
- Career guidance and coaching from upper-management
- Freedom to be creative and develop as a professional in the sports industry
- Experience in stadium operations, management, customer service, sales, and much more
What we expect from you:
- Desire to learn and grow
- Willingness to be challenged and step outside of your comfort zone
- Energy and enthusiasm when engaging with our fans
- Punctuality and dependability
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative
What you'll be doing:
- Taking on the role of "GEM Bird" at all home games and community events throughout the summer 2022 season
- Meeting and greeting fans prior to, during, and after events
- Maintaining costume cleanliness and well-being
- Creating a fun and exciting experience for fans at every game and event
- Taking and following direction from Assistant General Manager and Fun Crew/Stadium Operations interns
- Other tasks, as assigned
*All staff are required to help with various stadium set-up/breakdown tasks before and after the season
- Ability to work all 30 home games and potential playoff games, plus select team appearances and community events during 2022 season
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds
- Must be an energetic individual who works well with others and can engage with fans of all ages
- Must be in strong physical condition to wear a multi-layer costume and perform for extended periods of time
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions (rain, high temperatures/heat, etc.)
Our internship program will run from mid-May until early August. Exact start/end dates dependent upon game schedule and potential postseason berth.
Applicants should pursue college credit from their academic institution. While this is an unpaid internship, opportunities may arise during the course of the program to earn money for additional (voluntary) tasks outside of this job description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.