The Quincy Gems Baseball Team, a member of the Prospect League, is seeking a baseball analytics intern for the 2023 summer season. The Quincy Gems are a founding member of the Prospect League, a collegiate summer league baseball team located in Quincy, IL. The Gems will play their 27th season at historic QU Stadium in 2023. We are looking for the next industry superstars to join us for the Summer 2023 season.
2023 Internship Roles
- Scorekeeping - keeping with effective scorekeeping measures to chart in-game events for the Normal CornBelters and Kernels Collegiate League
- Research - pursue open-ended projects to answer relevant hypothesis
- Reporting - clearly and concisely communicating findings of research with players, coaches and fans
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collecting relevant data from each game
- Reporting on updated league statistical measures
- Initiating self-identified exploratory projects
- Performing quantitative analysis on collected data
- Designing metrics to measure individual and team performance
- Communicating findings and conclusions
Competencies and Qualifications
- Excellent organizational skills and proficient in data analysis.
- Familiar with the game of baseball
- Self-starter who is motivated to build new programs and exceed expectations.
- Able to recognize tasks and complete them in a timely manner
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, detail oriented, strong problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Night and weekend work required.
This is an unpaid position. Internships are eligible for college academic credit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.