The Normal CornBelters Baseball Team, a member of the Prospect League, are seeking Sports Management Interns for the 2023 Summer season. Play 9 Sports is the parent company of the Normal CornBelters. Play 9 Sports is sports management group that oversees multiple Prospect League teams and runs tournaments throughout the United States. Roles will be assigned based on the individual's experience and ability following an interview process to determine the best fit within the organization.
The CornBelters and Play 9 Sports are offering an overall Sports Management Internship to help you get a good grasp for what working in sports entails. You will receive training in Ticket Sales, Stadium Operations, and Marketing. This will ensure that you receive the basic training and understanding of what life in the professional sports world looks like.
2023 Internship Roles
- Facility Operations / Special Events Staff
- Sales Representative (Box Office, Corporate Sales, Sponsorship Support)
- Public Relations & Communications
- Marketing / Social Media Staff
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with game day / off season operations and provide a quality experience for ALL guests at our ballpark.
- Participate as a team member through meetings and offer support to other team members to maximize customer service, retention efforts and overall customer satisfaction.
- Provide support and assistance within your assigned department.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Ability to recognize tasks and complete them in a timely matter.
- Self-starter who is motivated to build new programs and exceed expectations.
- Strong customer service skills that showcase a positive and enthusiastic approach to customers so as to convey a positive image and respond to clients in a timely manner.
- Night and weekend work required, including working special events.
Once you have applied, a member from our organization will be reaching out to you to set up an over the phone interview to discuss the position and the organization. If you have any questions, please reach out to Jarrett Rodgers ([email protected]
) or Gavin Legett ([email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.