LAFAYETTE AVIATORS – INTERNSHIPS – SUMMER 2023
FOCUS: CUSTOMER SERVICE
The Lafayette (IN) Aviators (www.lafayettebaseball.com
) are a summer collegiate baseball team in the Prospect League which provides collegiate players the opportunity to play competitively in a wood-bat league during the summer months in front of professional scouts, while also providing the local community with an affordable summer entertainment destination everyone can enjoy.
The Aviators play at Loeb Stadium which opened in 2021 featuring stadium suites, multiple premium seating options and a dominant video scoreboard.
The Aviators organization has developed an intensive internship program that prepares its participants for a career in sports. Students who intern with the Aviators immediately become part of the game day staff, learning the different aspects of stadium operations, fan assistance, ticket sales and marketing in a fast-paced environment. We help our interns succeed in their educational and career objectives by preparing for and learning from actual situations our staff encounters at the ballpark which are discussed and experienced daily.
While student interns will be involved all aspect of team and stadium operations, we are seeking a small number of individuals for a customer service focused experience that will provide you the opportunity to learn and develop your communication, sales, prospecting, troubleshooting and organizational skills.
This internship is only available for college-level students, both undergrad and graduate, who are looking for an UNPAID COLLEGE CREDIT INTERNSHIP. Here's what we're looking for in an ideal candidate:
- Ability to work approximately 30 hours per week starting approximately May 1 through approximately August 15
· Ability to execute approximately 50 outbound sales / community outreach phone calls per day
· Assist with the creation and implementation of business development strategies and programs for the Aviators
· Ability to participate as club representative at local promotional and networking events (chamber events, festivals, non-profit events) with the primary purpose to develop relationships with potential team partners
· Ability on game day to assist with stadium operations which may include box office ticket sales operations and customer service responsibilities
The Lafayette Aviators are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.