2023 Admin/HR Intern
The PG Midwest Story
Perfect Game Midwest, based in the Kansas City Metro area, serves a 14-state region as well as supporting other facets of Perfect Game and Perfect Game Softball across the country — continuing to provide even more opportunities for student-athletes to play the game they love, achieve their goals, and have fun along the way.
Our team is a fun-loving, energized, and dynamic group with one core focus: lead the world in changing lives through the power of sports. We are committed to providing an expanded schedule of quality events that provide an unparalleled platform for our student-athletes and impact everyone that comes through our gates. Through our impact, we will build a community that is centered on the student-athlete, gives back generously to local communities, and stays focused on growing the game we love.
Perfect Game Midwest is looking for a purpose-driven individual with a genuine interest in learning about the industry. As an Administrative Intern, this individual will assist in the day-to-day operations of onboarding, recruiting, payroll, and scheduling. You will be assisting with the onboarding process of new hires, E-Verify, recruiting new game day staff, processing payroll, staff scheduling, and more. The right candidate must be a trustworthy and passionate team player. This person must also have a love for the game and the athletes, families, and coaches we serve.
- Assist with the onboarding of new hires
- Assist with recruiting
- Assist with E-Verify
- Assist with record-keeping on onboarding documents
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll
- Assist with reviewing resumes and selecting potential applicants
- Creating/verifying staff schedules
- Other duties as assigned
- Punctual and self-motivating
- Must be comfortable working independently as well as in a team setting
- A desire to connect with people and ensure fulfillment of commitments
- Attention to detail
- A passion for connecting and supporting youth sports coaches, players and families
- Students must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Paid Internship
- Approximately 600 hours
- 40 Hour work week -- flexible based on needs
- Weekend work required
- Meets college internship requirements
- Comfortable work attire
- Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
- Opportunities to explore other departments
- Professional development workshops
- Guest speaker sessions
- Real work experience… that’s right, you’re not making the coffee runs!
- Opportunity to join the Perfect Game family
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.