Any writer can create the same old soccer content you see on every team’s website.
The players, the scores, that’s all-important stuff, but we’re looking for a next level thinker that can weave the obvious narrative and day to day news into dynamic content that people buzz about and anticipate.
We need someone that can match the passion of our dedicated all-in team, and push the boundaries of what a sports team should strive to be. Are you a soccer know it all who also loves music? Someone who enjoys reading fiction while drinking a cold beer? Do you see the deeper connections between a sports team and the city it plays in? We pride ourselves on a brand that is simple, iconic, and totally Tacoma. It’s hard work, but it’s a ton of fun too. Are you looking for your opportunity to be a part of something great? Hop aboard and buckle in. We’re changing the game here in the South Sound.
At Cheney Stadium you will have the unique experience of working for two professional soccer teams (Reign FC and Tacoma Defiance). As a part of our Creative Team, you will help craft and tell the story of our growing organization. Your work will shape and grow the brand of our teams by sharing your words with the world. Odds are, you are reading this because you consider yourself a writer. We’re looking for someone who was born to tell a story.
The Media Content Creator position will report directly to the Creative Director and the Vice President of Marketing. They will be responsible for creating high quality news stories, articles, and editorials for team website and social media platforms.
- Tuned into the pulse of what is going on with Reign FC and Tacoma Defiance
(newsworthy items, player spotlights, look around the league)
- Forward thinking content creators who pitch and develop advanced level stories for
website, social media, and The Pitch that read like editorial content instead of press
- Strong awareness and eye towards tying the team to the city. Making the connection
between abstract cultural concepts and soccer to create dynamic content that jumps off
the page and pushes brand forward.
- Expert level grasp on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat), the types of
content that succeeds on different platforms for highest engagement.
- Confidence in voice and customer service situations that come with running social
- Adept at html, basic graphic design (photoshop, in-design), and back end website
development. Video skills a plus.
Requirements and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in English, or similar field.
- Ability to manage relationships with team and work well with a variety of departments across the organization
- Strong writing ability and confident voice
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail
- Capacity to work flexible hours including weeknights, weekends and holidays
This is a full-time salary position for the joint venture between the Tacoma Rainiers, Tacoma Defiance, and Reign FC. As a full-time employee, you will have the option for full medical and dental coverage as well as life insurance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please include a cover letter and writing sample(s) with all applications.