The Tacoma Rainiers, Triple-A affiliate of the Seattle Mariners, are seeking qualified individuals to fill the field crew positions for the 2023 season. This position is seasonal, running mid March through Mid October. The position will report directly to the Head Groundskeeper and assist on game day and non-game day events. This is a great opportunity to further your sports turf management career to keep up with industry curves such as, a removable mound system. This also is a great opportunity for those just looking to get their foot in door.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Assist in all clay, infield skin, and warning track maintenance
· Operate equipment for all other cultural practices such as aerating, topdressing, sweeping, sodding, mowing, and watering.
· Irrigation maintenance
· Assist with tarp pulls and tarp removals
· Setting up for Batting Practice and Rainer games as well as other field events
· Learn to recognize and diagnose pests and diseases in the Pacific Northwest climate
· Take part and experience minor league baseball culture
Top candidates are enrolled in a turf management program, or have interest in doing so. However, education is not required. Simply must have a hard work ethic and personal drive to succeed. Looking for quick learners who express interest in sports and are eager to learn as well as enjoy their working experience. Previous turf experience is not required but is a bonus. Being able to lift up to 50 lbs and work long and sporadic hours is required. Having a good attitude and desire to excel is also a must