Don’t listen to what everybody is telling you.
We were all told that if we wanted to get our foot in the door, sales is the way to go. Nope. Selling is the way to go for salespeople. Media is the way to go for media people. Marketing is the way to go for marketing people. Make sense?
This isn’t the job for someone who simply wants to be in sports. This is the job for the person who is driven to be the best, wants to learn how to be great and wants to be the next president of a team.
Under the ownership of the Savage family, the Sacramento River Cats (Triple-A, San Francisco Giants) have dominated the landscape of Minor League Baseball since their inception in 2000. Not only are the River Cats at the top off the attendance race every year, they are coming off of an unprecedented 12th PCL Division Title in 20 years and boast 2 back-to-back PCL Championships (2003-2004, 2007-2008). In 2019, the River Cats won a record setting third Triple-A Championship (2007, 2008, 2019). The most of any organization.
And this is where you come in. Despite the accolades, we want more. And we need people who understand what it takes to be awesome and are willing to do whatever it takes. If that’s you, the following will probably describe you perfectly.
• Responsible for sales of Sacramento River Cats and Sutter Health Park ticket inventory, including but not limited to non-business group outings, Theme Nights, Nightly Hospitality Areas.
• Work with the sales staff to generate new leads and research new and creative ways to sell tickets.
• Provide excellent customer service to all existing and potential clientele.
• Leadership and oversight of in-game group events.
• Professionally represent the organization at business and community functions.
• Minimum of 100 calls a day.
• Work as a member of the TEAM, and Have Fun!
• Builds and maintains a network of sources from which to identify new sales leads.
• Communicates with customers and leads to identify and understand their product or service needs; identifies and suggests products and services to meet those needs.
• Demonstrates the functions and utility of products or services to customers based on their needs.
• Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise post-sale.
• Maintains communication with existing and previous customers, alerting them of new products, services, and enhancements that may be of interest.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
• Must be able to travel.
The Sacramento River Cats are an equal opportunity employer.