The Sacramento River Cats are the Triple-A baseball affiliate of the San Francisco Giants Major League Baseball Club. We are looking for a highly talented Assistant Visiting Clubhouse Manager. The position will assist with all duties involved in creating an efficient clubhouse operation and providing excellent service to opposing players and staff. Must be available to start by early-March, 2018.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Assisting the Visiting Clubhouse Manager with all duties involved with creating an efficient clubhouse operation and providing quality service to opposing players and staff. Specific duties include the following:
- Laundry duties – In addition to cleaning all uniforms, clubhouse assistant will be responsible for laundering of towels including inventory control
- Detailed cleaning and upkeep of the clubhouses including shower and toilet facilities
- Uniform maintenance – including cleaning and repair of uniforms for the visiting team
- Equipment transportation – assisting with the transport of equipment to/from airport
- Equipment transfers for visiting teams between neighboring cities (Fresno/Reno)
- Assisting with providing a high standard of cold/hot food for players/coaches before and after games
- Detailed clean-up and removal of all items in visiting clubhouse for select non-baseball special events
- Assisting in the monitoring of the Batboys and keeping them on task
- Assisting in coordination of hotel van pick-ups with visiting team trainer
- Other duties as assigned, consistent with the role of a Assistant Visiting Clubhouse Manger.
REQUIRED SKILLS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Knowledge of the game of baseball and baseball lingo
- High school diploma or college degree desired
- Attention to detail in performing a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience working in a sports clubhouse environment preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to work long hours including, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must have consistent and reliable transportation
- Must be able to stand, bend, stoop, twist and reach
- Position requires frequent lifting of 25 to 50 pounds
The Sacramento River Cats are an equal opportunity employer.