Our Mascot, “Spike” is a part-time year round position that serves to promote the Round Rock Express at home games as well as in the community. The mascot performer must be an upbeat, outgoing individual with the ability to interact with all types of people. “Spike” is a vital component of the in-game experience at Dell Diamond and candidates must be comfortable performing in front of thousands of fans on a nightly basis as well as be available to attend and perform at various events throughout the year in the community.
- Maintain the character and personality of “Spike”, both at home games and at community appearances, which means dressing in Spike's suit for all appearances.
- Perform as mascot at Dell Diamond from April to September and work various community events and gigs throughout the year as scheduled.
- As Spike, help create a fun and energetic atmosphere at home games.
- Perform as mascot at community appearances throughout the year, both during the season and in the off-season.
- Plan, develop, and implement mascot skits with Ballpark Entertainment team to perform at home games.
- Develop and maintain the mascot’s costume and props after use and for use.
- Provide a high level of customer service to guests and partners.
Traits of a Great Candidate
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time and withstand heat in a costume.
- Great interpersonal skills; along with a positive personality.
- Ability to learn quickly and work well under pressure is essential.
- Reliable, punctual, and courteous.
- Flexible schedule for nights, weekends, and holidays during the baseball season.
- Ability to feel comfortable performing in front of large crowds.
- Reliable transportation to and from the ballpark and events.
- Knowledge of the game of baseball.
- Ability and desire to be creative, zany, and fun-loving.
- Ability to have a flexible schedule during the off season, to be able to work 2-3 hour gigs in various parts of the community,
- Previous experience as a mascot at the Collegiate level or with a Professional Sports team required
- Possess a basic knowledge of baseball
- Candidate must be in good physical shape to be able to perform in heat and weather elements (former varsity athlete, cheer & dance, or theater experience preferred)
- Candidate must be comfortable working in a costume for long periods of time
- Candidate must be willing to work part time and be on call as needed for gigs and events
- Background check will be performed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.