The Reno Aces, Triple-A affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks is Northern Nevada’s premier professional sports organizations located at Greater Nevada Field in the heart of downtown Reno. The Reno Aces pride themselves on honesty, opportunity, memories, and energy and are looking to welcome an employee with those values.
The Community Relations Manager is primarily responsible for community relations, fundraising programs, and mascot engagement in the community. This position facilitates and tracks community donations, manages the Reno Aces street team and community calendar to increase brand awareness.
- Work closely with team General Manager to develop community relations calendar for Reno Aces.
- Execute all external grassroots marketing events and community appearances, such as mascot, Street Team, and players event appearances for the Reno Aces. This includes planning, scheduling, and staffing events.
- Oversee and schedule community relations staff, including mascot performers and Street Team staff, for game days and events.
- Coordinate, implement, and enhance all Reno Aces community programs and initiatives to ensure programs and events are connecting the teams with the fan base to make a positive impact on the community. Analyze given metrics to determine which events the clubs should be involved in.
- Manage, sell and develop Reno Aces community programs, such as Kids’ Club, Reno Aces Tickets for Tykes, promote and sell our non-profit fundraising program, engage schools in education days, work with front office to strengthen our ties with youth baseball, etc.
- Manage all Reno Aces donation requests.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2-year work experience with a professional sports or entertainment organization
- Minimum 2-year work experience in community relations
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work with different personalities
- Creative, energetic, and proactive mentality
- Highly organized, quick learner, and ability to multitask to meet competing deadlines
- High level of demonstrated professionalism and integrity
- Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
- Some travel required physical requirements
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to stand on concourse during games for 3 hours at a time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.