Merchandise & e-Commerce Assistant
Seasonal / Part-time
Memphis Redbirds/Memphis 901 FC /AutoZone Park
The Merchandise & e-Commerce Assistant will assist in managing the Memphis Redbirds, Memphis 901 FC and AutoZone Park team store & e-commerce platforms. Position will work with our management staff to assist in designing, ordering and fulfilling of merchandise as well as managing all points of sale for our organizations. This person must be highly motivated individually with excellent interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with merchandise design, purchasing, pricing and inventory for two professional sports teams.
- Assist in maintaining inventory and ensure items are in stock and labeled correctly
- Assist with communicating to licensed suppliers and adequately order inventory to keep the store and satellite locations properly stocked with fast-moving product
- Staying current with the latest retail trends and incorporating ideas into the product mix
- Rotating inventory from event to event to optimize sales opportunities
- Manage and fulfill e-commerce sales timely and efficiently
- Work with marketing department on identifying and scheduling promotions and flash sales to optimize e-commerce opportunities and drive revenue
- Keep retail locations and surrounding spaces clean, sanitized and safe
- Assist in hiring, training and motivating game-day staff
- Assist in assuring proper execution of product set-up and visual merchandising strategies
- Assist in managing internal product and special order strategies corporately as needed.
- Assist with daily ticket sales and will call for normal box office M-F operations
- Flexibility to work weekends, nights and holidays; participating in covering of field as necessary
- Assist with setting up and fulfillment of special events, and other stadium operation functions
- Assist with tarp pulls and other turf management projects
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Minimum of 1 year in retail management and inventory management experience
- Experience in RetailPro preferred
- Ticketing experience a plus
- Professional experience in a high-volume retail operation
- Demonstrated knowledge of practices and principles of retail sales/management and accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Required to work long hours standing.
- Required to work in various weather conditions including cold, rain, heat, etc.
- Use of computer, sitting, standing, reaching with arms and hands, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, lifting of items up to 35lbs, pushing, pulling, kneeling, and/or crouching.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.