Sacramento River Cats Baseball Club, LLC
Job Title: Director of Marketing
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Full time/Exempt
Job Summary: Be awesome. Have fun. Get noticed.
In order to do so, we expect a few things out of our Director of Marketing:
- Leadership, not just management
- Everything must be entertaining
- Ask the question, “Is this my best?”, of yourself and others
The Director of Marketing will be on the River Cats Revenue Leadership Team and report directly to the General Manager. He or she will need to be a creative leader with vision and will oversee marketing, advertising, graphic design, promotions, game entertainment, and community efforts. The Director of Marketing will work closely with other department heads including: corporate partnerships, merchandise, food and beverage, ticket sales, ticket operations, and special events. In other words, the Director of Marketing will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the River Cats brand as the premier entertainment opportunity in Northern California.
Promotions Manager, Marketing Manager, & Senior Manager of Communication and Baseball Operations.
- Recruit, develop, and lead the marketing staff.
- Establish and control the River Cats brand identity.
- Create and manage the marketing and promotions budgets and timelines.
- Lead in creation of marketing plan, ad campaigns and media buys.
- Develop and maintain key media relationships for broadcast, advertising, and promotional needs.
- Oversee promotional calendar, selection and ordering of promotional items.
- Manage promotions team and control room to exceed entertainment standards and expectations.
- Responsible for developing and implementation of digital and social marketing strategies to increase engagement, promote community, execute partnership elements, and drive ticket sales.
- Oversee all River Cats collateral creation, printing, and distribution, to include The Inside Pitch game program and stadium signage.
- Work with partnership activation to come up with creative activation opportunities within the ballpark and in the community.
- Work with ticket sales to come up with creative and fun opportunities to reach prospects.
- Work with ticket sales and ticket operations to grow database, improve data and email hygiene, and increase conversion efficiency.
- Work with special events to help promote and market events such as concerts, soccer matches, etc.
- Develop community involvement initiatives and establish community service goals for front office, players, and mascot.
- Support and facilitate other department community initiatives that may include school assemblies, ballpark tours, baseball camps, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must be able to multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Able to work in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Must have great organizational skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have good communication and excellent writing skills.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Must be creative with a good pulse on trending ideas, themes and social outlets.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a leadership/supervisory position in a sales-driven environment.
- Industry experience strongly preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel.
The Sacramento River Cats is an equal opportunity employer