“A welcomed guest in every seat; a treasured memory for ever guest.” That’s our vision. We believe that the best way to welcome our guests and to make sure they leave with a treasured memory is to hire and train great people and empower them to put the guest first. It all starts with our managers putting employees first and providing them with the training and tools they need to be successful.
The Concessions Manager assists the General Manager/Director of Food and Beverage in hiring, training, and leading concessions and picnic employees to ensure proper inventory of all goods, timely food production, quality guest services and sanitation of stands and areas at all times.
- Trains and/or oversees training of storefront and picnic staff on the concourse level.
- Schedules storefront and picnic staff, assigning roles based on experience and skills.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Assist in the complete oversight of all concessions, game day catering operations, and off-season catering including the supervisors and personnel that are employed within the department.
- Assist General Manager/Director of Food and Beverage in aligning optimal POS (point of sale) and TPV (Third-Party Vendor) for all public events.
- Assist HR in developing training standards for alcohol service, food service and customer service.
- Assist in the creative process for new products, locations, events and menus.
- Assist in the scheduling of employees and the ordering of appropriate stock in preparation for events.
- Maintain inventory areas in an organized and procedural fashion.
- Assist the Executive Chef in ordering all food and beverage products for the ballpark.
- Develop accurate and aggressive long and short-range financial objectives for the Food and Beverage Department consistent with facility objectives.
- Assist in the development and use of inventory spreadsheet management, month end procedures and overall control of F&B inventory.
- Monitor the performance of the unit through verification and analysis of customer satisfaction and financial analysis.
- Maintain product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating customer concerns.
- Ensure compliance with all alcohol, sanitation, health and safety regulations, laws and policies.
- Hire, train and evaluate employee performance and partner with Human Resources on any disciplinary concerns/action needed.
- Effectively manage food levels and production in a timely manner for all storefront and TPV event operations.
- Assist in the acquisition and management of the rental and operation of all equipment that needs to be used by the concessions and warehouse operation.
- Comply with established Company policies and procedures.
- Comply with all applicable state, local and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure proper, accurate, and timely production records in order to service guests and control food cost.
- Minimize legal liability and conform to the regulations of the alcohol beverage authority.
- Complete period end inventory process and work with the General Manager of Food and Beverage to troubleshoot when problems arise.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive food and beverage management and supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of personal computer, two-way radio, cellular phone, POS Systems and working knowledge of all food and beverage equipment.
- In Depth Knowledge of food and beverage storefront operations.
- Experience in reconciling inventory to cash scenarios via POS systems.
Education and Experience:
- At least 4-5 years of food and beverage management required.
- Business experience preferred.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time during events.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work a variety of hours in order to accommodate events.
The Sacramento River Cats are an equal opportunity employer.