The Vice President of Operations will report directly to the President and will oversee facility operations, field operations, cleanliness and parking operations for all events. This individual ensures that the facility both internally and externally is ready for games and all other events and is presentable year-round for visitors.
The Vice President of Operations must be able to manage the operations team, collaborate with outside contractors (including cleaning and security) and vendors, understand, establish, and manage budgets of each of the above departments. The Vice President will work closely with local governing officials, local law enforcement, and Fire/Medical to ensure a safe environment for guests.
The organization is looking for someone who has a functioning knowledge of how stadiums operate, and can help navigate future projects such as facility improvements and energy efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – OPERATIONS: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Direct all operations and cleaning staff to constantly maintain facility cleanliness.
- Oversee our facility operations to ensure both the venue and grounds are well maintained and place the facility in a positive light.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for facility maintenance, and operations; meet with staff and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate methods and procedures.
- Work closely with human resources regarding safety measures and helps educate staff.
- Ensure compliance with League and industry standard and practices.
- Direct, train and develop Facility Operations and Parking staff to deliver world class service in all aspects of the operation that exceeds expectations of our guests, clients and partners.
- Responsible for completing annual performance reviews for full time staff members.
- Responsible for timekeeping and scheduling of staff.
- Manage parking operations for all facility events.
- Manage and control labor and utility costs.
- Manage and oversee the annual budgets for the following departments: Facility Operations, Grounds, and Parking.
- Manage and oversee special projects, such as minor construction and/or remodeling.
- Act as liaison to public utility, environmental, and energy agencies as the “Company Representative”.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5 years previous experience in facility operations.
- Previous experience managing a team of people.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, mentor and evaluate staff.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate duties as necessary.
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to multi task.
- Previous experience working in the sports industry a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills pertaining to Outlook, Excel and Word plus company time management system.
- Ability to work beyond normal business hours as required, including but not limited to evenings, weekends and periodic holidays.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The organization is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.