The Memphis Redbirds are looking for a Public-Address announcer for the 2018 baseball season at Auto Zone Park. This position is a part-time game day position that will require nights, holidays and weekends. The PA announcer will be responsible for effectively professionally ensuring the proper information is communicated to all fans in attendance, and maintaining a fun-filled, professional ball park atmosphere at Auto Zone Park.
Major functions of the PA announcer are, but not limited to; announcing starting lineups, announcing all hitters, announcing all pitching changes, announcing all pinch hitters, pinch runners, defensive changes, and any special announcements. The PA announcer will also require reading some contest, presentations, sponsorship reads, and other duties as assigned by the game director. The PA announcer will maintain a professional atmosphere in the control room and take direction directly from the Redbirds game director.
Essential duties and responsibilities
· Ability to effectively read all announcements in the PA script
· Announce starting lineups
· Announce all hitters
· Announce all pitching changes
· Announce all changes/substitutions
· Ability to recap the line at end of innings
· Maintain a professional demeanor at all games
· Take directions directly from the game director
· Other duties as assigned
· Available for all home games and possible playoff games
· Strong vocal talent
· At least 1-3 years of public address experience in baseball (College or Professional)
· Ability to keep score
· Strong knowledge of baseball and its rules
When applying please send in an audition video or a reel of your PA work to be considered
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.