DO NOT APPLY WITHOUT SPORTS FIELD GROUNDSKEEPING EXPERIENCE AS WE CANNOT CONSIDER.
The El Paso Chihuahuas are currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the role of the second Assistant Groundskeeper. Our ballpark supports the Padres Triple-A baseball, high school/college games, and a wide range of non-baseball events (i.e. football, soccer, major concerts, and other corporate-sponsored events). The Assistant Groundskeeper will work year round to maintain a state of the art baseball facility and other defined sports.
- Our Assistant Groundskeeper position will be a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual eager to learn all facets of maintaining a professional playing surface.
- A strong ability to lead co-workers in a team environment is desired.
- Due to the physical nature of the job, all candidates should be able to lift, carry, and transport up to 100 pounds.
- The ideal candidate will be: good at building/fixing things, have a turf background, and be self-motivated.
- The individual must respect the privacy and adhere to all our policies with regards to autographs, photos, and fraternizing with players/VIP’s.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- This position concentrates on infield skin maintenance, supervision of staff, and mowing.
- Other areas of responsibilities include but not limited to: maintenance of equipment (adjusting/servicing mowers, utility carts, aerators, topdresser, boom sprayer, etc.), irrigation (replacing/adjusting heads, fixing leaks, etc.), spreader calibrations and foliar applications.
- You will also learn a variety of other cultural practices that take place to maintain the integrity of the entire playing surface.
- Furthermore, you will assist in managing the efforts of field transitions for soccer.
- Our ballpark will provide a unique opportunity to learn the environmental challenges associated with transitioning from rye to a bermudagrass athletic field constructed to meet USGA specifications in the Chihuahuan Desert.