Tarp Crew - The Baltimore Orioles (Baltimore · MD)
The Baltimore Orioles jobs
Sports Jobs in Baltimore · MD
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
The Baltimore Orioles are currently accepting applications for part time positions on the tarp Crew. If you are searching for a seasonal summer job and are interested in working on the greatest field in Major League Baseball, please see your guidance counselor for and application. Interviews will be conducted in February.
Before applying, please be aware of the following stipulations:
- Applicants under 18 MUST bring a work permit to the interview. Work permits can be obtained from your guidance office. Applicants without a work permit WILL NOT BE INTERVIEWED!
- Applicants must be able to work at least 90% of Orioles home games.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from Oriole Park.
- Weekend availability is a MUST.
- Applicants hired for the Tarp Crew must be able to report for work no later than two hours before game time, which will be 5:00p.m. on most week nights. (Student-athletes, please consult with your coaches on this point before applying!)
- Training for newly hired personnel will take place on several evenings (following school) TBA in March. Attendance for these training sessions is MANDATORY
- During periods of inclement weather, Tarp Crew personnel are required to report for work as early as 8 a.m. We realize this is not possible while you are in school, but we expect full participation on weekends and during your summer break.
Please keep in mind that you are applying for a strenuous job, and that heavy lifting and the ability to run for extended periods of time is necessary. Applicants with previous injuries to the back or legs, or with other health concerns such as asthma or a heart condition should evaluate their ability to lift at least 50 pounds and run for two miles.
Candidates that are interested are encouraged to apply to this post.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement of the position, subject to consideration of reasonable accommodations for documented medical or religious needs that do not pose an undue hardship.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you able to lift 50 lbs?
Do you live in Baltimore, MD?