Service Operations Manager - The Baltimore Orioles (Baltimore · MD)
The Baltimore Orioles jobs
Sports Jobs in Baltimore · MD
Technical Services: Computer Information Systems
Job Title: Service Operations Manager
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director, Information Technology
Works with the Director to identify and define Information Technology objectives for the company and manages the day-to-day operation of the department and frontline Help Desk staff to achieve these objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Assume primary responsibility for day-to-day IT Operations, including managing and scheduling Help Desk staff and prioritizing responses to end user inquiries and requests.
- Follow-up with support staff to assess and promote ticket resolution – escalate tickets to other technical resources as needed to ensure successful and timely SLA resolution.
- Collaborate with the Systems Administrator to maintain a level of understanding of related systems to provide supplemental cross coverage on a regular daily basis.
- Provide IT Manager on Duty coverage, both on site and remote on call, on a rotating shared basis to cover defined hours of operation which will include events and games.
- Research, specify, price, and procure endpoint and peripheral system devices as required.
- Lead technician installing PC systems and software.
- Work with staff to maintain an accurate inventory of hardware and software systems.
- Work with the other IT Managers and staff on the administration of network and email systems including maintenance of user accounts.
- Assume lead role in systems projects as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Technical aptitude and understanding.
- Networking and telecommunications knowledge.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to executives and all other levels of end users in both oral and written form.
- Maintain positive attitude to inspire user confidence even in difficult circumstances.
- Must be able to lift 25 Lbs.
- Flexible schedule.
- Some travel required.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related discipline from an accredited 4-year college or university and 5 to 7 years of related experience.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.