First Aid Rover - Baltimore Orioles (Baltimore · MD)
Baltimore Orioles jobs
Sports Jobs in Baltimore · MD
Player Operations: Team Administration/Operations
First Aid Rover at Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Reports to:Nursing Manager
- Minimum EMT-B
- Licensed in State in Maryland
- CPR Certified
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in the field
A First Aid Rover is part of the First Aid staff, which assists in providing medical care to fans and employees. They roam throughout the ballpark, responding to or observing for any medical/trauma issues. They perform a quick assessment of the illness/injury, render the appropriate care at the scene, communicate via radio with the First Aid staff, and either transport the patient to the First Aid room for evaluation by an Emergency Room physician, or assist the BCFD paramedics in preparing the patient for transport to the hospital.
Including but not limited to
- Provide basic First Aid
- Obtain vital signs (if indicated)
- Perform CPR (if indicated)
- Utilize AED (if indicated)
- Control any bleeding
- Immobilize any soft tissue, bone, cervical or spinal injuries
- Maintain appropriate radio communications with First Aid staff and fellow Rovers
- Provide continued assurance to patient
- Qualified candidates are expected to be available to work for a majority of the 81 game schedule (nights and weekends from late March through September)
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in inclement weather, such as heat, humidity or rain
- Must be able to lift, bend, walk or move briskly (if warranted), climb steps without difficulty and be able to carry the First Aid Rover backpack during your tour of duty
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Listening skills
Candidates that are interested in applying to this opportunity to work for the Baltimore Orioles, are urged to apply and to write a cover letter for employment consideration!
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you live in Baltimore, MD? (Y/N)