Dominican Republic Strength & Conditioning Coach – Seasonal - The Baltimore Orioles (Baltimore · MD)
The Baltimore Orioles jobs
Sports Jobs in Baltimore · MD
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
JOB TITLE: Dominican Republic Strength & Conditioning Coach – Seasonal
DEPARTMENT: Player Development
JOB SUMMARY: The Baltimore Orioles are seeking a part-time Minor League Strength & Conditioning Coach for the 2021 Minor League Baseball Championship season. This coach will be responsible for aiding in the implementation and supervision of the Baltimore Orioles strength & conditioning program at the Orioles complex in the Dominican Republic.
REPORTS TO: MiLB Strength & Conditioning Coordinator
Primary duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Implement aspects of the daily administration and management of the strength and conditioning program.
- Supervise and instruct multiple features of the weight training and conditioning program.
- Assist with other daily strength and conditioning tasks as needed.
- Ability to implement foundational program in areas including but not limited to sleep, nutrition, establishing base strength movements, and understanding of training.
- Complete reports using the data on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Learn the organization’s sports science programs including VBT, GPS tech, speed gates, strength and mobility assessment tools.
- Assist in movement and power testing on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Communicate with Strength & Conditioning Coordinator.
- Collaborate with team medical and coaching staff.
- Must stay at the Dominican Republic complex throughout the championship season – meals and lodging are provided.
- Possess the characteristics of someone who is collaborative and maintain a growth mindset.
- Desire to further one’s abilities and knowledge within strength and conditioning, sport science, baseball and computer science.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field.
- Strength and conditioning specialist certification (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) required.
- CPR/First Aid certified required.
- Base level computer software skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Growth Mindset
- Availability to work from March 1 – September 30, 2021
- Bilingual (English & Spanish).
- Desire to work in baseball.
- Knowledge of FMS and OnBaseU/TPI Certification
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you Fluent in Spanish?
Are you willing to relocate?