Director, Business Analytics - Baltimore Orioles (Baltimore · MD)
Baltimore Orioles jobs
Sports Jobs in Baltimore · MD
Technical Services: Statistics
Director, Business Analytics
The Baltimore Orioles are looking for a Director, Business Analytics that will support the business development strategies of the Corporate Partnerships and Ticket Partnerships departments. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze partnership categories to prioritize and strategically target potential partners and expand existing partners.
- Present a story using data and analytics in a thorough but concise approach that answers questions of both internal and external audiences.
- Analyze sales history and industry benchmarks to make inventory pricing recommendations.
- Develop and implement ticket pricing and inventory strategy, including season, single game, group, suite, and non-baseball event tickets.
- Perform analysis on sales campaigns, sales leads, sales representative efficiencies, customer demographics, season ticket member and group renewal; Use this information to identify trends and recommend strategies for growth.
- Develop strategies for partner activations, analyze ROI, and measure performance.
- Utilize market research tools and sales data to analyze consumer behavior and demographics of Orioles fans and Baltimore/Washington DMA.
- Lead development and analysis of concessions and retail data to make actionable pricing, product, and operational recommendations.
- Track sponsorship and sales trends around MLB and other professional sports leagues.
- Nurture relationship with MLB data/analytics team to ensure the Orioles are fully leveraging data.
- Collaborate effectively with all departments to establish reliable and meaningful reporting standards while providing quantitative and strategic support as needed.
- Procure, contract, and manage relationships with 3rd party information vendors.
- Day-to-day manager of CRM.
- Determine future personnel needs of the Business Analytics team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a 4-year college or technical school.
- 4-6 years’ experience in corporate sponsorship or ticket sales research and analytics, strategy or sports marketing agency experience preferred.
- Experience with market research tools, i.e., Neilsen Scarborough.
- Experience with social analytics tools, i.e., Relo Metrics.
- Experience with ticketing data and a ticketing system, i.e., Tickets.com.
- Experience with an enterprise reporting system, i.e., Tableau.
- Experience with a CRM system, i.e., Microsoft Dynamics.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, preferably Google Cloud.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Very organized and detail oriented.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and adapt to a fast-paced, fluid environment while balancing multiple tasks at once.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race (including hair textures, afro hairstyles, or protective hairstyles), color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran’s status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement of the position, subject to consideration of reasonable accommodations for documented medical or religious needs that do not pose an undue hardship.
Are you currently living in Baltimore, MD?
Are you vaccinated against COVID-19?