JOB TITLE: Account Executive, Business Development
DEPARTMENT: Ticket Sales, Service and Operations
REPORTS TO: Manager, Business Development
JOB PURPOSE: This position will focus on generating new ticket sales business by way of a focused and organized outbound sales effort.
COMPENSATION: Includes a base salary established per the staff member’s experience. Commission to be paid for all new sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Place a daily minimum of 50 outbound sales calls
- Sell Full Season Tickets, Partial Season Tickets, Group Tickets, Pregame Parties, and Single Game Luxury Suites
- Meet or exceed specified sales goals
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from a variety of sources, including but not limited to, newspapers, business directories and trade shows
- Target new prospects and former ticket buyers, whom we do not have a current relationship, with our already existing offers
- Manage incoming leads regarding new Season Plans
- Provide exceptional customer service as part of the Orioles Birdland Ticket Membership benefits program
- Travel when necessary to solicit business
- Work with inside sales staff to arrange fulfillment of ticket orders
- Contribute to season plan renewal efforts with assigned accounts
- Attend trade shows and networking events
- Assist with special events and game duties
- Record detailed daily activity in ProVenue or other format as requested
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Two plus years of experience in ticket sales/operations and customer service preferably within a professional sports environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The ideal candidate must have high level knowledge of the ProVenue ticketing system, strong leadership ability, and a solid foundation in selling tickets with “cold calling” sales skills. The candidate should have outstanding customer service, sales, motivational, communication and time management skill, with math proficiency.
- Adhere to Baltimore Orioles organization policies and procedures
- Perform duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet Department productivity standards
- Flexibility to work event hours plus some weekends and evenings
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Baltimore Orioles Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.