Team Photography Internship with Wisconsin Rapids Rafters in Wisconsin Rapids · WI
Wisconsin Rapids Rafters jobs
Sports Jobs in Wisconsin Rapids · WI
The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters are seeking a creative individual for the Team Photography Internship. This position will help with partnership activation and help capture the memories made at Witter Field. This is a game day position, additional hours may be available if desired.
About our company:
About our company:
Big Top Baseball is the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball ownership group in the nation attracting more than 500,000 fans in 2018. BTB annually hires more than 70 interns for its Northwoods League franchises, the Green Bay Bullfrogs, Madison Mallards, Kenosha Kingfish, and Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. Each team plays 36 home games from late May through August. Internships run from mid-May through the completion of the season, near the end of August. Every summer the interns work directly with the management staff. Interviews have begun and will continue until all positions are filled. Currently, 80% of Big Top Baseball’s full-time staff completed an internship or seasonal position with one of its four teams prior to their full-time employment. Former interns have gone on to work for the Carolina Panthers, Milwaukee Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks, TREK Bicycles, and various minor league and summer collegiate league baseball teams.
- Take photographs on Rafters game days of food specials, on-field promotions, fans, celebrity guests, game action, etc.
- Upload photos to Rafters Flickr account
- Photograph all staff members and players headshots for website and media use
- Photograph team at community appearances; take photos of group outings, First Pitches, National Anthem singers, etc.
- Graphic Design experience is a plus, but is not required.
- Must be available for all home games during the 2020 season
- Other duties as assigned by GM
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, very organized
- Previous experience with food/beverage handling and management preferred, but not required
- Great customer service skills
- Succeed in a team environment
- Multi-task and effectively problem solve
- Some heavy lifting may apply
- Strong verbal, written, and communication skills
All interns will receive a travel and housing stipend. There are educational and work components to this position. All interns must receive college credit for the internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement.
Besides game day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping prepare and maintain the ballpark prior to the start of the season as well as participating in offsite catering events. Offsite catering events include managing part-time staff, set up and tear down of the event and fulfilling any special requests made by the customer. All interns will participate in a weekly sports management class that will be instructed by front office personnel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?