Graphic Design & Video Board Production Internship with Wisconsin Rapids Rafters in Wisconsin Rapids · WI
Wisconsin Rapids Rafters jobs
Sports Jobs in Wisconsin Rapids · WI
The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters are seeking a creative individual for the Graphic Design & Video Board Production Internship. This position will run the video board for all Rafters home games, as well as work hand in hand with the front office staff and other interns to create graphics for social media, press releases, webcast, etc.
About our company:
About our company:
Big Top Baseball is the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball ownership group in the nation attracting more than 500,000 fans in 2018. BTB annually hires more than 70 interns for its Northwoods League franchises, the Green Bay Bullfrogs, Madison Mallards, Kenosha Kingfish, and Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. Each team plays 36 home games from late May through August. Internships run from mid-May through the completion of the season, near the end of August. Every summer the interns work directly with the management staff. Interviews have begun and will continue until all positions are filled. Currently, 80% of Big Top Baseball’s full-time staff completed an internship or seasonal position with one of its four teams prior to their full-time employment. Former interns have gone on to work for the Carolina Panthers, Milwaukee Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks, TREK Bicycles, and various minor league and summer collegiate league baseball teams.
- Learn video board software and manage during all Rafters home games
- Create images with sponsor logos to be shown on the video board throughout the game
- Assist PR and Digital Marketing interns in creating graphics for website and Rafters social media
- Assist the Video Production intern in producing video content for use on the video board
- Create Rafters team card set, team poster, and other special projects
- Create motion graphics/animations
- Ability to work long hours, including weekends, as business indicates
- Other duties as assigned by GM
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, very organized
- Previous experience with food/beverage handling and management preferred, but not required
- Great customer service skills
- Succeed in a team environment
- Multi-task and effectively problem solve
- Some heavy lifting may apply
- Strong verbal, written, and communication skills
All interns will receive a travel and housing stipend. There are educational and work components to this position. All interns must receive college credit for the internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement.
Besides game day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping prepare and maintain the ballpark prior to the start of the season as well as participating in offsite catering events. Offsite catering events include managing part-time staff, set up and tear down of the event and fulfilling any special requests made by the customer. All interns will participate in a weekly sports management class that will be instructed by front office personnel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?