Field and Turf Management with Wisconsin Rapids Rafters in Wisconsin Rapids · WI
Wisconsin Rapids Rafters jobs
Sports Jobs in Wisconsin Rapids · WI
The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters are seeking a motivated individual for the Field & Turf Management Internship. This position will maintain the playing field for Rafters and Legion games.
- Perform and oversee all aspects of field maintenance (mowing, fertilizing, trimming, weed management, and irrigation)
- Maintain playing surface for all games held at Witter Field, Rafters and non-Rafters events (ie. High School and American Legion games)
- Prepare the field on all game days (mowing, chalking, and dragging the infield)
- Perform other facility and maintenance duties throughout the ballpark as needed
- Act as official scorer during games in the press box
- Ability to work long hours, including weekends, as business indicates
- Other duties as assigned by GM
- Field and Turf Management experience or education in relation to athletic fields preferred
- Ability to operate small landscape equipment (mowers, edgers, etc.) and basic small engine knowledge
- Able to handle basic maintenance duties
- Some heavy lifting may apply
The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters are currently accepting applicants for their 2021 summer internship program. Founded in 2010, the Rafters are members of the Northwoods League, a summer collegiate league played in the Midwest and host 36 home games from the end of May through mid-August. Witter Field, the home of the Rafters, has also become a destination for non-baseball events, holding a total of 18 event dates in a Covid-19 shortened year. In 2020, the Rafters were capped at holding 650 fans per game across 25 home games. In total the Rafters attracted 20,000 plus fans with zero Covid-19 cases traced back to the ballpark. Each year the Rafters hire an intern staff of 13 across all departments. Touting a successful internship program, the Rafters have former interns in every aspect of the sports industry from pro-level sports to the university sector and everything in between.
All interns will receive a travel and housing stipend. There are educational and work components to this position. All interns must receive college credit for the internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement.
Besides game day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping prepare and maintain the ballpark prior to the start of the season, as well as participating in offsite events. Offsite events include managing part time staff, set up and tear down of the event and fulfilling any special requests made by the customer. All interns will participate in a periodic sports management classes that will be instructed by front office personnel.
In addition to your specific area of focus, all interns will have the opportunity, although not a requirement, to work with the staff to gain experience in the marketing and ticket sales department. Sales tasks will include calling renewals and single game ticket buyers, creating surveys to gauge the fan experience, answering incoming phone calls, placing ticket orders, and delivering tickets to clients. Marketing tasks will include creating on-field promotions and nightly promotions, as well as brainstorming ideas for new sponsorship prospects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?