Social Media & Graphic Design Internship
This position is a Full-Time paid Internship that begins August 1st and goes through mid-August. The Social Media & Graphic Design Intern assists the Cedar Rapids Ballclub, Inc. Social Media & Graphic Design Manager in daily and season-long tasks and may be called to assist other Waterloo Bucks Front Office Staff members as needed throughout their internship. This is an in-person position.
Game Day/Non-Game Day:
- Assist in creating, scheduling, and executing new and fresh social media campaigns
- Assist the Social Media Manager with daily tasks in conjunction with our social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, etc.)
- Assist in coordinating, creating, and archiving team interviews, activities, videos, and photos
- Assist the Social Media Manager with designing graphics for social media, website, video board, and other in-house needs
- Collaborate on various guerilla marketing tactics to increase walk-up sales
- Support in planning, writing, proofing, and sending Waterloo Bucks Email Newsletter
- Coordinate in-stadium posters to promote upcoming events & games
- Assist Bucks Front Office with clerical duties as needed
During Games- you may be called to do any and all of these during the season.
- Take pictures during games and at events held at the stadium
- Gather photos and videos of team and fans
- Help with on-field promotions
- Held concessions as needed
- Maintain the team store
- Help with game-day operations
- 9-5 M-F during non-game day season
- During season game day 9 am through the game.
- Expect to work weekends and special events on the Waterloo Bucks calendar
- This position will work in Waterloo, Iowa, and is not a remote position
Preferred start date
- April 1st through mid-August
- The schedule during the school year can be determined based on class schedule and proximity to Waterloo, Iowa, on a case-by-case basis.
- Able to be on feet for 12+ hours a day
- Able to lift 25lbs or more
- Fluent in Microsoft Office programs, social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, etc.), Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro), and Publisher.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.