Director of Sales with Traverse City Pit Spitters in Traverse City, MI
Traverse City Pit Spitters jobs
Sports Jobs in Traverse City, MI
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
The Traverse City Pit Spitters are a Northwood’s League expansion franchise owned by The West Michigan Whitecaps (single A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers) preparing to begin play for the 2019 season. The franchise is located in Traverse City, one of Michigan’s most desirable summer markets playing in what will quickly become one of the Northwoods Leagues top facilities. We are currently looking for a Director of Sales to oversee all ticket sales and sponsorship activity for the organization as we prepare for opening day on May 28th 2019.
The Director of Sales for the Traverse City Pit Spitters oversees all sales strategies for the business ensuring alignment with the organization’s strategic objectives. This position is responsible for overseeing all ticketing and corporate partnerships activity for baseball and events. The Director of Sales represents the organization as a goodwill ambassador in the community and positively represents the Pit Spitters organization.
- Responsible for excellence in performance and profitability of all sales efforts.
- Guides and directs ticket sales and sponsorship teams.
- Actively sells corporate partnerships, group tickets and ticket packages.
- Collaborates with General Manager to implement strategies that achieve revenue and expense goals.
- Oversee the ticket operation, including the ticket office and ticket sales activities.
- Create and implement new ticket sales initiatives for individual ticket, group and ticket plan sales.
- Works with General Manager to develop game-by-game and annual attendance forecasts using historical data and known variables.
- Monitors and gauges client satisfaction by providing outstanding fulfillment and follow-through with customers and vendors to ensure their investments with the club meet their expectations.
- Responsible to review trade accounts.
- Develop and maintain excellent external relationships, serving as the primary point of contact for select key vendors while always seeking maximum positive publicity for the team.
- Oversees all sales and promotional material creation, including letters, fliers and follow-up correspondence.
- Oversees the production of all proof-of-performance materials, including: photos of signage and other elements, print samples, etc.
- Establish and manage sales/fulfillment structure, as well as motivational/incentive programs for team.
- Monitors cost/performance factors while influencing cost reduction and value improvement changes to enhance ability to meet cost objectives and other goals.
- Responsible for all aspects of developing and managing departmental budget.
- Entertain clients, prospective clients and community leaders and management at the ballpark and other venues.
- Effectively represent the team by attending meetings, trade shows, community networking, liaison activities, community events, conferences, league meetings, and seminars when needed.
- Partners with HR and responsible for all performance management/talent management of team.
- Partners with HR to drive performance, talent succession planning and development of staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, sales, public relations or another related field required.
Special skills/abilities/competencies required:
- Proven ability to successfully develop and execute a strategic plan aimed at delivering sales growth in accordance with the organization’s financial goals
- Proven success in leading a sales team
- Be a brand ambassador to internal (employees) and external (fans) customers, communicate effectively and professionally at all times, public speaking experience and comfort with, strong leadership skills, visionary thinker, ability to turn ideas into reality, ability to perform multiple tasks at one time, clean and neat at all times, team builder and team worker.
- Strong internal and external customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Presentation skills, ability to simplify complex problems and develop creative solutions.
- Project management and time management skills
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Due to nature of industry, game day and facility events activity is required resulting in night or weekend hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have experience with both corporate sponsorship and ticket sales?
Do you have experience managing a sales team?