BRIEF SYNOPSIS OF JOB
An entry-level position providing hands-on experience in collegiate summer baseball. Join the St. Cloud Rox for the summer to gain a behind-the-scenes experience like no other. You’ll learn the ins and outs of a sport organization within the Northwoods League. The Northwoods League has over 300 alumni who have gone on to play Major League Baseball. The Rox are a leader in fan support and community engagement along with consistently creating a ballpark environment that is incredibly entertaining for fans.
Interns will support specific departments throughout the season. The position will include event day duties and some non-game day events as well. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with the ability to work in a team environment, have an eagerness to learn, and possess the flexibility to adapt to what each day brings.
This position starts in mid/late May and lasts through mid-August.
Reports to: Assistant General Manager/Marketing and Promotions
- Provides sales and marketing proposals and implementation to help move Rox merchandise
- Sets up merchandise Pro Shop prior to the game, giving it a strategic, clean & welcoming environment
- Operates the Pro Shop during all games, implementing specials and sales, ensuring all sizes of each item are available on racks throughout the game
- Continually manages inventory, quality control and works with management to reorder items as needed
- Restocks clothing racks as needed
- Leads post-game merchandise area clean up (transports merchandise back into storage)
- Helps in other areas when needed
- Helps distribute 100,000 pocket schedules throughout central MN
- Ballpark set up on game days
- Helps with public appearances as needed (i.e. player/mascot appearances, parades)
- Assists in distributing coupons at the end of the game as needed
- Assists in ticket office answering phones/selling tickets as needed on game days and non-game days
- Other Duties Assigned as needed
- Have a positive attitude and provide a strong effort to succeed
- Self-motivated and very organized
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Must be available for all Rox home games and have ability to work extended hours including weeknights and weekends
- Succeed in a team environment
- Some heavy lifting may apply
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to do credit card and cash transactions
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Effective written and verbal communication
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.