BRIEF SYNOPSIS OF JOB
An entry-level position providing hands-on experience in collegiate summer baseball. Join the St. Cloud Rox for the summer to gain a behind-the-scenes experience like no other. You’ll learn the ins and outs of a sport organization within the Northwoods League. The Northwoods League has over 300 alumni who have gone on to play Major League Baseball. The Rox are a leader in fan support and community engagement along with consistently creating a ballpark environment that is incredibly entertaining for fans.
Interns will support specific departments throughout the season. The position will include event day duties and some non-game day events as well. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with the ability to work in a team environment, have an eagerness to learn, and possess the flexibility to adapt to what each day brings.
This position starts in mid/late May and lasts through mid-August.
Reports to: General Manager
- Manages all player equipment and uniforms. Such as inventory of helmets, bats, game & batting practice baseballs, & laundry supplies. Washes/cleans uniforms and equipment as needed.
- Manages the home and away clubhouse to make sure it is clean before and after each game.
- Helps during the game with equipment needs for players, coaches & umpires.
- Assists with any on-field and community promotions as needed.
- Works closely with Athletic Trainer providing water coolers and ice as needed.
- Helps distribute 100,000 pocket schedules throughout Central Minnesota.
- Additional duties assigned by supervisor.
- Have a positive attitude and provide a strong effort to succeed
- Has the ability to meet deadlines
- Needs to be self-motivated, detail oriented, highly organized
- Must be available for all Rox home games and have ability to work extended hours including weeknights and weekends
- Succeed in a team environment
- Multi-task and effectively problem solve under time deadlines
- Some heavy lifting may apply
- Understands the game of baseball
- Effective written and verbal communication
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.