BRIEF SYNOPSIS OF JOB
An entry-level position providing hands-on experience in collegiate summer baseball. Join the St. Cloud Rox for the summer to gain a behind-the-scenes experience like no other. You’ll learn the ins and outs of a sport organization within the Northwoods League. The Northwoods League has over 300 alumni who have gone on to play Major League Baseball. The Rox are a leader in fan support and community engagement along with consistently creating a ballpark environment that is incredibly entertaining for fans.
Interns will support specific departments throughout the season. The position will include event day duties and some non-game day events as well. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with the ability to work in a team environment, have an eagerness to learn, and possess the flexibility to adapt to what each day brings.
This position starts in mid/late May and lasts through mid-August.
Reports to: Assistant General Manager
- Leads the setup of the ballpark for each game day. This includes but is not limited to setting up tables, chairs, flags, beverage coolers, signage & tents.
- Assists in coordinating and placing ballpark deliveries (promotional & concession items).
- Assists in setup of merchandise area prior to the game so it is ready for sales.
- Directs quality control such as making sure seats and walkways are clean prior to gates opening and after.
- Fills freezers with ice for training staff & concessions.
- Helps with food and beverage inventory, setup, cleaning and point of sales.
- Helps coordinate hospitality staff and volunteers.
- Leads post-game ballpark clean up.
- Helps with departments as needed such as community events like parades and player & mascot appearances.
- Assists equipment manager with filling water coolers and ice as needed for the visiting and home team.
- Assist ticketing intern in the ticket booth selling tickets to walk up buyers and distributing Will Call tickets.
- Helps distribute 100,000 pocket schedules throughout Central Minnesota.
- Works in ticket office to help answer phone calls, sell tickets, etc. as needed on game days and non-game days.
- Other duties that are assigned
- Have a positive attitude and provide a strong effort to succeed
- Self-motivated and very organized
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Must be available for all Rox home games and have ability to work extended hours including weeknights and weekends
- Succeed in a team environment
- Some heavy lifting may apply
- Effective written and verbal communication
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.