The St. Cloud Rox Baseball Club is seeking an enthusiastic individual for a Photography Internship for the summer of 2018. The Rox are a proud member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. The Northwoods League has over 180 alumni who have gone on to play Major League Baseball. The Rox had nearly 60,000 fans attend games during the 2017 season. During their first six seasons of existence, the club has been at or near the top of the Northwoods League’s North Division in attendance while creating an environment that is entertaining for families of Central Minnesota.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Reports directly to General Manager. This position starts late May and ends mid/late August)
· Create a photographic history of the season at Joe Faber Field.
o Numerous Action photos of each player throughout the season
o Mug shots of each member of the team
o Photos of each home game which includes but is not limited to:
§ Game-day sponsors, Giveaways, First Pitch, Signage, On-Field Promotions, Hospitality Areas, Specific Group Outings, Game Day Experience
o Host Family with their player(s)
o Photography for marketing materials
o Produce and organize photos for ‘proof of performance’ brochures for Rox corporate partners. Includes gathering images of several mediums that show the proof of performances for Rox corporate partners. (i.e. signage, social media screenshots)
· Edit, upload and label all photos to the Rox Flickr and Social Media accounts.
· Work closely with Rox front office to make sure all needs are met for each corporate partner and group leader.
o Take the lead with the help of the Community Relations intern for photo opportunities out in the community (i.e. Player Appearances in the Community)
o Work with Media Relations intern for player trading cards Photos, social media and website information
o Help distribute 100,000 pocket schedules and corporate tickets throughout Central MN
o Help set up the ballpark prior to games:
o Help clean up ballpark after games:
- Comfortable interacting in front of large crowds with an upbeat and friendly attitude
- Strong communication skills and passion for photography
- Photography equipment and computer for editing
- Ability to take great player and promotional action shots under a deadline
- Ability to take 300-400 photos a game
- Minimum one year of experience in photography
- Graphic design efficiency (Photoshop, InDesign)
- Strong social media knowledge
- Ability to move throughout the ballpark quickly prior to and during a game.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, very organized
- Ability to work some nights, weekends, and potential holidays
To Apply: Please email your updated resume, cover letter and portfolio samples to email@example.com
How did you hear about this job?