We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
The Madison Mallards are seeking individuals to assist in the Ticket Sales Department. The Ticket Sales Interns will be assisting the Mallards staff in day-to-day ticket sales duties, supporting the sales efforts of the Inside Sales Team and the Outside Sales team as well as Ticket operations as needed.
- Answering phones and directing customers to the appropriate Mallards staff member
- Fulfilling orders, ticket swaps, and voucher redemptions
- Working with our ticketing software to sell tickets over the phone and at the box office
- Printing and managing will call tickets & windows
- Setting up and tearing down tents for private will call booths
- Delivering and pickup of tickets, signage and other general deliveries
- Informing customers of different seating options and ticket packages the Mallards offer
- Helping other departments as needed
- Closing duties of the office and parts of the ballpark
- Maintaining overall cleanliness of the front office and front gate area
- Fulfilling donation requests from local fundraising groups
- Coverings ticket office shifts on non-game days
- Selling Mallards ticket packages and group tickets
- Customer service background or prior experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing personality
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Knowledgeable with computer software (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Email)
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Flexibility to work outdoors rain or shine
About Big Top Sports and Entertainment:
Big Top Sports and Entertainment is the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball ownership group in the nation attracting more than 400,000 fans in 2019. BTB annually hires more than 40 interns for the Madison Mallards, Kenosha Kingfish, and Forward Madison FC. Many of Big Top Sports and Entertainment’s full-time staff completed an internship or seasonal position with one of its teams prior to their full-time employment. Former interns have gone on to work for the Carolina Panthers, Milwaukee Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks, TREK Bicycles, and various minor league and summer collegiate league baseball teams.
You must be able to receive college credit for this internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement for you. All interns will receive a $2,000 monthly housing & travel stipend and are eligible for a $500 end of season bonus. All Interns will be required to participate in weekly sports management workshops and external community baseball clinics.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.