Ticket Sales Internship (Summer 2021) with Bismarck Larks in Bismarck · ND
Bismarck Larks jobs
Sports Jobs in Bismarck · ND
The Bismarck Larks are offering an opportunity for current college level students looking to gain real world sports sales experience to position themselves for a career in the sports industry upon graduation.
The Ticket Sales Intern will gain knowledge & exposure in areas such as:
- Sales & Marketing –cold-calling, delivering a sales pitch, closing the sale
- Database Management – lead generation/prospecting, developing a database
- Customer Service – answering questions, providing information, diffusing problems
- Gameday Operations – building customer relationships, over delivering with customers
About the Organization:
The Bismarck Larks are entering their 5th season in the Northwoods League. After a unique 2020 season, the Larks look to continue to use the Power of FUN to make a difference in the community. The Bismarck Larks partner with over 65 local businesses through dynamic sponsorships. The Larks have filled the shoes as the community’s team. In 2019 alone the Larks made over 100 mascot appearances, included over 7600 students in their reading program and helped raise more than $42,000 for organizations in the Bismarck community. Sellouts are not uncommon in Bismarck as the Larks have sold out over 75% of their games through 4 seasons.
The Northwoods League is a summer baseball league comprised of teams of the top college players from across North America. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any summer collegiate baseball league in North America. Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips, and playing nightly before thousands of fans.
Start Date: May 10, 2021
End Date: August 20, 2021 (dependent on post season play)
Academic Qualifications: Applicant should be studying a subject in a relevant field. This may include but is not limited to Sport Management, Business, Marketing, Sales.
General Team Responsibilities:
- Expected to be available for all Bismarck Larks Home Games and Special Events
- If there is not a game on a weekday, you will be expected to attend office hours of 9AM-5PM each day
- Every Intern will be required to perform as the mascot at least once during the summer
Description of Responsibilities:
- Contacting qualified sales leads to generate ticket sales revenue through season ticket, group outings and mini plans
- Handling customer service and ticketing issues
- Attending/staffing additional outside events (community relations)
- Work in to box office on game nights assisting fans with walk-up sales
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Availability to work all games and events
- Must be a team player with strong leadership skills
- Must be enthusiastic with a desire to work hard and have a positive “can‐do” attitude
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Customer Service & Management experience preferred
- Self‐ motivated and ability to take initiative
- Skills with various power tools, and in different maintenance areas is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Sheets
- The ability to work extended hours upwards of 14 hours and lift 50 lbs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Detail oriented and organized
- Competitive and committed
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful
- Effective time management skills
Reports To: Member of Ticket Sales Team
Compensation: This internship will be compensated with a $750 monthly stipend. Housing is available at a reduced rate.
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective may be earned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?