Hospitality Internship with Green Bay Booyah in Green Bay · WI
Green Bay Booyah jobs
Sports Jobs in Green Bay · WI
Big Top Ashwaubenon is currently accepting applicants for their 2021 summer internships. BTA oversees operations of Capital Credit Union Park which opened May 31st 2019. Capital Credit Union Park is home to the Green Bay Booyah and Green Bay Voyagers. The Booyah are members of the Summer Collegiate Northwoods League and play 36 home games from mid-May-August. The Voyagers play 10 home games from mid-May – August and are part of USL League Two. The internships run from May 10th to August 20th. Additionally, BTA is part of Big Top Sports and Entertainment out of Madison Wisconsin. Which is the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball ownership group in the nation, attracting more than 500,000 fans in 2019. BTSE annually hires more than 70 interns for its Northwoods League franchises, the Green Bay Booyah, Madison Mallards and Kenosha Kingfish . BTSE also owns and operates Breese Stevens Field in Madison which is home to USL League One team. Every summer interns work directly with the management staff.
Currently 23 of Big Top Baseball’s 28 full-time staff completed an internship or seasonal position with one of its four teams prior to their full-time employment. Former interns have gone on to work for the Carolina Panthers, Milwaukee Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks, TREK Bicycles and various minor league and summer collegiate league baseball teams.
All interns will receive a stipend. There are both educational and work components to this internship. All interns must receive college credit for the internship OR the internship must qualify for a graduation requirement.
Aside from game day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping prepare and maintain the ballpark prior to the start of the season. All interns will participate in a weekly sport management class that will be instructed by front office personnel. In addition to your specific area of focus, all interns will have the opportunity to work with the staff to gain experience in the marketing and ticket sales department. Sales tasks will include calling renewals and single game ticket buyers, creating surveys to gauge fan experience, answering incoming phone calls, placing ticket orders, and delivering tickets to clients. Marketing tasks will include creating on field promotions and nightly promotions as well as brainstorming ideas for new sponsorship prospects.
Capital Credit Union Park home to the Green Bay Booyah and Green Bay Voyagers are looking for qualified individuals to assist in the management of Food and Beverage, Hospitality and game day operations throughout the ballpark. The hospitality intern will assist with Food and Beverage management, staff management, execution of corporate outings, and game-day set up of the ballpark and have a large role in the overall fan experience at games.
- Assist with setup and cleanup of all events held at the stadium
- Manage and supervise hospitality areas, ticket package service areas, group decks and party areas to ensure exceptional fan experience
- Work closely with Food & Beverage Interns on placing food/beverage orders, food preparation, waste management, and management of game day staff
- Management of inventory and staff for vending services
- Responsible for placing beverage orders with multiple distributors and maintaining inventory of designated areas
- Responsible for the general appearance and cleanliness of the concessions areas
- Act as liaison to over ten distributors of goods and services around the ballpark
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as in a group setting
- Prior customer service experience is preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?