Madison Mallards are seeking an energetic individual to assist with the retail and operations side of the business. This role will report directly to the Mallards Merchandise Manager. In this role, you will not only get exposure to the retail side of sports, but the operations side as well. This is an internship that will be fast paced, hands on, and will allow you to work closely with several of the company’s business units. One of the primary responsibilities of this role is ensuring that all consumers have a memorable experience that exceeds their expectations in retail.
- Ensure customers receive the highest level of customer service each time they shop
- Oversee day to day operations of retail store
- Identify key trends/consumers of the store
- Assist in store sets and any special merchandise activations
- Understand and execute company directives to align with overall store strategies
- Assist with training staff in sales strategies, customer service, POS usage, and game day roles
- Support buying team in day-to-day inventory tracking
- Manage website, order fulfillment, and sales tracking via ecommerce shop
- Work both in groups and independently to create visual merchandising arrangements in store
- Collaborate with other interns and full-time staff on special events, projects, and gamedays
- Manage game day staff in season on game days and assist in team store scheduling
- Upkeep the overall store cleanliness, brand standards, and store checklist
- Accept and abide by all terms of the attached Intern Code of Conduct.
- Accept and abide by all terms of the Intern Handbook and Intern Confidentiality agreement (provided during onboarding.)
- Abide by all COVID-19 safety protocols and reporting requirements, as determined by the employer and municipal/governmental mandates in effect during the Internship term.
Listed Responsibilities while demonstrative, are not complete or exclusive. Responsibilities may change and/or additional duties assigned at the discretion of the supervisor.
- All interns are expected to work all home games, playoff games, and potentially other special events held by Madison Mallards
- All Interns must be eligible to receive college credit for this internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement. Interns will receive a stipend and are exempt from overtime pay.
Stadium work is part of the gig-this could include tasks such as painting, hanging signs, cleaning grandstands, picking up garbage, bagging ice, raking, sweeping and many other outdoor tasks. This is an essential part of the summer for each person employed with the Mallards and is typically where most of the bonding takes place between staff members.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative eye, attention to detail, ability to adapt on the run
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Retail background preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.