The Madison Mallards are seeking creative and energetic individuals to assist in the Mallards marketing and promotional efforts. The marketing interns will serve under the close supervision of the Marketing Director. These individuals will be central to creating a world class fan experience at the Duck Pond. As members of our Quack Pack, the marketing interns will assist with all game day promotions and on-field activities, along with a variety of community initiatives.
- Coordinate and create all on-field promotions and pre-game activities
- Write and manage game day scripts
- Oversee sponsorship contracts and ensure all elements are being executed in-season, including but not limited to:
- In-game promotions
- Pre-game PA reads/videos
- Coordinating sponsored giveaway items
- Off-site appearances/events
- Game day tabling opportunities
- Assist in preparing sponsorship recaps
- Attend mascot and player appearances in the community
- Willing to be the mascot if needed
- Develop and execute various theme nights throughout the ballpark
- Engage the crowd throughout the game and get them excited for Mallards baseball
- Create and capture engaging content for social media
- Develop positive relationships with fans, clients, and community members to help promote the Madison Mallards
- Deliver marketing materials throughout the Madison community
- Ensure that the ballpark is ready and looking presentable each game day
- Attend/facilitate special events such as community little league games, movie nights, parades, and baseball clinics
- Prepare sponsor related content for use in Mallards marketing materials, including social media, mass emails, and game day scripts
- Execute sponsorship contests, including gathering entries, calling winners, and facilitating prize distribution
- Creative mind set with the ability to think quickly
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Professional attitude when interacting with clients, fans and Mallards staff
- Upbeat and fun personality
- Must be outgoing and not afraid to act crazy, get loud
- Willingness to work outdoors rain or shine
- Willingness to grow and learn in the position
About Big Top Sports and Entertainment:
The Mallards are one of the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball teams in the nation attracting more than 200,000 fans in 2022 and looking to grow that number heading into next summer. The Mallards annually hire more than 20 intern positions for the season, who may also have the opportunity to gain experience at other Madison based teams throughout the summer. Many of our full-time staff completed an internship or seasonal position with us prior to their full-time employment. Former interns have gone on to work for the Carolina Panthers, Milwaukee Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks, Green Bay Packers, and various minor league and summer collegiate league teams across the nation.
You must be able to receive college credit for this internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement for you. All interns will receive a $2,000 housing & travel stipend, with a potential bonus of $500 for completing the entire internship. All Interns will be required to participate in weekly sports management workshops and external community baseball clinics.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.