Webcast Director Internship
Kenosha Kingfish (Kenosha, WI)
The Kenosha Kingfish are looking to hire full-time a Webcast Director Intern for the 2023 season. This is a full-time internship requiring at least 40 plus hours per week, sometimes far more depending on weekly game load and events and projects.
The Kingfish are seeking an individual to assist in producing a 4-camera webcast for each of their 36 home games that is streamed live on the Northwoods League (NWL) Stretch Internet platform. This individual will direct a crew of 3 camera operators with what shots to take during all home games as well as work on with aspects of the webcast and press box team. Please provide examples of video work or a link to your portfolio with your application if applicable.
- Direct four-camera webcast broadcast for all 36 Kingfish home games.
- Help with all webcasting and press box set up and nightly take down.
- Update rosters, head shots and stats graphics for use in game production.
- Assist with Kingfish Commercials and social media videos all season.
- Synergy scouting camera set up and take down.
- Setup, breakdown, and maintaining of video production equipment.
- Assist Web Cast Producer with graphics and other projects.
- Learn all aspects and be certified by Northwoods League on Directing, Producing and Cameras.
- Work with Video Board Operator for in game live feeds.
- Work closely with play by play broadcaster to create high quality game broadcasts and relevant shots for optimum production quality.
- Assist with preseason Simmons Field operations prep work including making sure the webcast equipment is functioning flawlessly.
- Assist with special events as necessary throughout season.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Video editing experience a plus.
- Experience directing a broadcast.
- Proficient in camera techniques, including positioning, lighting, etc.
- Must be a creative thinker with the ability to think of new, fun ideas to improve the fan experience through video.
- An excellent understanding of baseball.
- Ability to problem solve in clutch situations.
- Ability to work independently and as a team to achieve web cast goals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to work long hours and under the pressure of producing a live sporting event.
All interns must receive college credit for this internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement. All Interns will receive a housing & travel stipend for this internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.