Video and Webcast Production Internship
The Kingfish are seeking an individuall to assist in producing a 4-camera webcast for each of their 36 home games during the 2023 season that is streamed live on the Northwoods League (NWL) Stretch Internet platform. This individual will manage a crew of 3 camera operators and a director during all home games. Please provide examples of video work or a link to your portfolio with your application.
- Manage and schedule web cast team for Kingfish Games.
- Direct four-camera webcast broadcast for all 36 Kingfish home games.
- Update rosters, head shots and stats graphics for use in game production.
- Produce commercials to run all season during breaks.
- Produce pre and postgame show each broadcast.
- Setup, breakdown, and maintaining of video production equipment.
- Write promotional copy for multiple platforms.
- Assist with motion graphic creation for in-stadium video board.
- Work closely with play by play broadcaster to create high quality game broadcasts with replays.
- Create short videos that can be used online and on the video board to enhance the fan experience.
- Assist with preseason Simmons Field operations prep work including making sure the webcast equipment is functioning flawlessly.
- Assist with special events as necessary throughout season.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Extensive video editing experience, especially replays.
- Experience directing a broadcast or producing a broadcast.
- Proficient in camera techniques, including positioning, lighting, etc.
- Must be a creative thinker with the ability to think of new, fun ideas to improve the fan experience through video.
- An excellent understanding of baseball.
- Ability to problem solve in clutch situations.
- Ability to work independently and take leadership of the web cast.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to work long hours and under the pressure of producing a live sporting event.
All interns must receive college credit for this internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement. All Interns will receive a housing & travel stipend for this internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.