Culinary Internship (Summer 2020) with Bismarck Larks Baseball in Bismarck · ND
Bismarck Larks Baseball jobs
Sports Jobs in Bismarck · ND
The Bismarck Larks are offering an opportunity for current college level students looking to gain real world culinary and food & beverage experience to position themselves for a career in the sports or food and beverage industry upon graduation. A culinary position with the Bismarck Larks provides an experience that can’t be found anywhere else in the area. This experience will allow you to gain and expand on knowledge in several aspects of the food industry including: quick service, banquet events, high volume catering, special media events and commissary prep.
About the Organization:
Entering their fourth season, the Bismarck Larks look to continue providing a fan centered atmosphere at Bismarck Municipal Ballpark. The Larks have sold out 75% of games in their first seasons and continue to make strides to sell out more and more games. The Bismarck Larks partner with over 65 local businesses through dynamic sponsorships. The Larks have filled the shoes as the community’s team. In 2019 alone the Larks made over 100 mascot appearances, included over 7600 students in their reading program and helped raise more than $42,000 for organizations in the Bismarck community.
The Northwoods League is a summer baseball league comprised of teams of the top college players from across North America. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any summer collegiate baseball league in North America. Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips, and playing nightly before thousands of fans.
Start Date: May 11, 2020
End Date: August 15, 2020 (dependent on post season play)
Academic Qualifications: Applicant should be studying a subject in a relevant field. This may include but is not limited to Sport Management, Business, Marketing, Sales, Accounting, Human Resources.
General Team Responsibilities:
- Expected to be available for all Bismarck Larks home games and special events. Preparation will start the morning of each day
- If there is not a game on a weekday, you will be expected to attend office hours of 9AM-5PM each day
- Expected to participate in tarp pulls
- Every Intern will be required to perform as the mascot at least once during the summer
- Will act as an extension of full time staff and preform other duties as assigned
Description of Responsibilities:
- Produce and cook food products in large quantities in an efficient and consistent manner
- Maintain food safety and sanitation, including complying with all federal, state and local health codes
- Assist in improving food quality and consistency
- Operate food preparation equipment
- Deliver new ideas for recipes and products to the food management team
- Research ingredients, vendors, equipment, and restaurant and culinary concepts
- Assist with concessions location oversight
- Food & beverage inventory & tracking for assigned areas
- Assist with food & beverage orders
- Responsible for all aspects for smoking BBQ meats including: brisket, pulled pork, ribs, and chicken wings
- Prepare daily prep sheets
- Create system and procedures to positively impact the Larks food and beverage operation
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Availability to work all games and events
- Must be a team player with strong leadership skills
- Must be enthusiastic with a desire to work hard and have a positive “can‐do” attitude
- You understand and can manage recipe documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication, professional demeanor
- Able to manage heavy workload, prioritize well and meet deadlines
- Resourceful, flexible, and able to creatively solve problems
- Passionate about food, cooking, trends and dining
- Food experience preferred
- The ability to work extended hours upwards of 14 hours and lift 50 lbs.
Reports To: Director of Ballpark Operations.
Compensation: This internship will be compensated with a $750 monthly stipend. Housing is available at a reduced rate.
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective may be earned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?