Content Marketing Internship (January 2021-August 2021) with Bismarck Larks in Bismarck · ND
Bismarck Larks jobs
Sports Jobs in Bismarck · ND
The Bismarck Larks are offering an opportunity for current college level students looking to gain real world marketing, content creation, video editing, social media management and media relations experience to position themselves for a career in the sports and marketing industries upon graduation.
About the Organization:
The Bismarck Larks are entering their 5th season in the Northwoods League. After a unique 2020 season, the Larks look to continue to use the Power of FUN to make a difference in the community. The Bismarck Larks partner with over 65 local businesses through dynamic sponsorships. The Larks have filled the shoes as the community’s team. In 2019 alone the Larks made over 100 mascot appearances, included over 7600 students in their reading program and helped raise more than $42,000 for organizations in the Bismarck community. Sellouts are not uncommon in Bismarck as the Larks have sold out over 75% of their games through 4 seasons.
The Northwoods League is a summer baseball league comprised of teams of the top college players from across North America. The Northwoods League has more teams, plays more games, and draws more fans than any summer collegiate baseball league in North America. Each team is operated similar to a professional minor league team, providing players an opportunity to play under the same conditions using wooden bats, minor league specification baseballs, experiencing overnight road trips, and playing nightly before thousands of fans.
Start Date: January 4, 2021
End Date: August 27, 2021
Internship Time Commitment: January-April:40 hrs/week, May-September 40+hrs per week (dictated by game schedule)
Academic Qualifications: Applicant should be studying a subject in a relevant field. This may include but is not limited to Broadcasting, Communications, Film, Journalism, Sport Management, Business, Marketing, Sales.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Proficient in photography and video
- Comfortable with multiple social media channels
- Competency in business skills and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including correct grammatical usage
- Organized, motivated, and able to work independently
- Team-leadership and adaptability
- Ambitious and self-initiated
General Team Responsibilities:
- Expected to be available for all Bismarck Larks home games
- If there is not a game on a weekday, you will be expected to attend office hours of 9AM-5PM each day
- Every intern will be required to perform as the mascot at least once during the summer
Description of Responsibilities:
The Content Marketing Intern will be responsible for:
- Social media including creating and posting content to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and TikTok.
- Content creation including graphic design, video, and creative writing
- Coordinating with local media including writing and distributing press releases and scheduling interviews.
- Website management.
- Marketing planning including assisting the Content Marketing and Media manager with creating marketing campaigns, allocating spending, and measuring success.
Reports To: Content Marketing and Media Manager
Compensation: This internship will be compensated with a $1500 monthly stipend. Housing is available if necessary and would reduce stipend to $1000/month.
Credit: College credit towards a major, minor or general elective may be earned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?