The Bat Boy/Girl position requires energetic people who have a basic knowledge of the game of baseball. The position is essential in helping the game proceed as they will be tasked with retrieving foul balls and bats, as well as supplying the home plate umpire with new baseballs. Other pre/post game duties will also be assigned.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Stock bullpens and Dugouts with water.
· Deliver baseballs to umpire during game
· Collect bats and foul balls from field of play in timely manner.
· Help the umpires stay hydrated.
· Collecting all bench items and cleaning up Dugout after every game.
· Dumping and rinsing coolers.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience & Skills:
· Ability to understand basic baseball principles
· Ability to jog or lightly run
· Ability to pick up and move approximately 50 pounds
· Ability to effectively communicate in a quick and timely manner
· Strong attention to detail and promptness
This job operates in the environment of the field and is fast-paced and in front of many people.
The physical demands are moderately higher than average. Candidates will need to be able to stand for long periods of time, as well as jog or lightly run. Candidates will also need to be able to lift 25-50 pounds, though accommodations can be made for heavier objects.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position, and hours of work and days are select Tuesday through Sunday, 5:00 p.m. to 11p.m, during home stands. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.